|01. Fish – ½ kg|
02. Refined wheat flour (Maida) – 2 tsp
03. Chili powder – ¼ tsp
04. Salt – to taste
05. Oil – to fry
06. Butter – 2 tbsp
07. Onions (sliced long) – 1 cup
08. Dry red chilies – 3
09. Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 1 cup
10. Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
11. Salt – to taste
12. Water – ½ cup
01. Cut the fish into small pieces, wash and clean well. Drain the water and keep aside.
02. Apply the refined wheat flour (Maida), chili powder and salt well on the fish pieces and leave it to marinate for some time.
03. Heat the oil and fry the fish pieces well on all sides. The fish need not be fully cooked and can be removed when it is three-fourths done.
05. Discard the seeds from the dry red chilies and make a paste with the skin alone. Add this paste to the onions and continue to sauté well.
06. To this, add the chopped tomatoes and sauté well. When it thickens, add the tomato sauce, salt and water and keep to boil on a low flame.
07. When it begins to boil, place the fish pieces on top of the masala. When it boils well and all the water dries up, carefully turn the fish pieces over along with the masala.
08. Serve hot.